This Lottery Winner’s Luck Ran Out Right Before He Cashed Out

130107-lottery-winner-poisoned-12p.photoblog600

Urooj Khan won a $1 million dollar lottery prize, but died the day before he collected he collected his winnings. NBC reports:

A lottery winner was fatally poisoned with cyanide a day after he collected nearly $425,000 in lottery winnings, a Chicago medical examiner said Monday.

Urooj Khan died July 20, a day after a check was issued from the state’s Comptroller’s Office. The check, the lump sum on a $1 million instant lottery ticket, was cashed on Aug. 15.

After a limited exam during which Cook County Medical Examiner Stephen Cina found no trauma or unusual substances in the 46-year-old’s body, the medical examiner’s office declared that he died of natural causes.

Khan was buried at Rosehill Cemetery in Chicago, the Chicago Tribune reported, and within a week a concerned relative asked the medical examiner’s office to take a closer look, Cina told the Tribune.

The medical examiner’s office determined from comprehensive toxicology reports that Khan had ingested a deadly amount of cyanide and his death was reclassified as a homicide.

The old adage “follow the money,” probably applies in this case…

Fake News: L.A. Cops/Media Tout Rocket Launcher Seizure That Wasn't
Obama's Lawless Presidency