From The Weekly Standard:
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta testified this morning on Capitol Hill that President Barack Obama was absent the night four Americans were murdered in Benghazi on September 11, 2012:
Panetta said, though he did meet with Obama at a 5 o’clock prescheduled gathering, the president left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under siege, “up to us.”
In fact, Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
Obama did not call or communicate in anyway with the defense secretary that night. There were no calls about what was going on in Benghazi. He never called to check-in.
The 5 o’clock meeting was a pre-scheduled 30-minute session, where, according to Panetta’s recollection, they spent about 20 minutes talking a lot about the American embassy that was surrounded in Egypt and the situation that was just unfolding in Benghazi.
Un-freaking-believeable. Read the whole thing.
Obama voted present on Benghazi. He chatted with Israel on the phone but wasn’t involved at all in the siege occurring at our Consulate that resulted in the death of four Americans. Small wonder there are no situation room photo ops being paraded around by the White House… HE WASN’T EVEN THERE. Dereliction of duty doesn’t even cover it. That means the story he just went to bed is true? Well, after chatting with Israel, of course. My God. (Read: Obama Knew About Benghazi Terror Attacks 90 Minutes After They Began… Went to Bed (Video) )
Add another set of lies to the Benghazi pile:
- Report: Obama Watched Benghazi Attack From ‘Situation Room’
- Aide: Obama didn’t deny requests for help in Benghazi
- Axelrod Claims Obama ‘Convened the Top Military Officials that Evening’
A look back at some related reading:
- Barack Obama on Benghazi: ‘If four Americans get killed, it’s not OPTIMAL': Obama’s extraordinary response to security fiasco after Benghazi massacre
- Obama On Benghazi Terror Attack: “When Four Americans Are Killed, You Have To Do Some Soul-Searching”
- WH: ‘We Decline to Comment’ on When Obama Learned of E-Mails, Met With NSC on Benghazi
- Obama ‘Has Not Participated in the Investigation’ of Benghazi
Oh and Nakoula is unavailable for comment. Still.