That was the main message from the President last night at the State of the Union reality show. By the way, we don’t have a government anymore, we have a rock star reality show running Washington DC. Before we get to the video of the President declaring himself to be the only thing that stands between the poor and oblivion, we want to show off the best description of the State of the Union address – by any President – we’ve seen in ages. Thank you to Kevin Williamson of National Review.
The annual State of the Union pageant is a hideous, dispiriting, ugly, monotonous, un-American, un-republican, anti-democratic, dreary, backward, monarchical, retch-inducing, depressing, shameful, crypto-imperial display of official self-aggrandizement and piteous toadying, a black Mass during which every unholy order of teacup totalitarian and cringing courtier gathers under the towering dome of a faux-Roman temple to listen to a speech with no content given by a man with no content, to rise and to be seated as is called for by the order of worship — it is a wonder they have not started genuflecting — with one wretched representative of their number squirreled away in some well-upholstered Washington hidey-hole in order to preserve the illusion that those gathered constitute a special class of humanity without whom we could not live.
It’s the most nauseating display in American public life — and I write that as someone who has just returned from a pornographers’ convention.
Any questions? We think Kevin nailed it.
Now then, on to Claudius President Obama.
“[T]he simple, profound belief in opportunity for all…” Sigh.
Mr. President, Oh Devine One, Orator for the Ages, the only cure for “income inequality”, the road to “opportunity for all”, is a job. Jobs come from the private sector of the economy not the government.
Creation of real jobs requires an environment where entrepreneurs can feel confident that their risk might be rewarded. An environment where business owners can expand their businesses and hire new people – and pay their current people more – because they’re confident that regulators won’t collude to put them out of business by raising the cost of doing business through politically motivated regulation. An environment that respects and promotes free markets and rewards risk.
Mr. President you’ve spent the last five years undermining the private sector with regulation and new taxes. You’ve worked to drive up the cost of energy, you’ve colluded with labor union thugs through your illegal and unconstitutional appointments to the NLRB to drive up labor costs. Your signature ObamaCare initiative has been a boon to people who want to work part time and be excluded from opportunities to advance in their jobs, it’s made “job creation” in your administration shorthand for more part time jobs than full time jobs.
Your initiative to unilaterally raise the minimum wage for workers under federal contracts is unconstitutional and hopefully will be immediately met with court fillings to stop it. You’re not the legislature, sir; you are the head of the executive branch. Your constitutional authorization is to execute the laws passed by Congress not make up your own.
- The Number Of Americans That Have Joined The Food Stamp Program Since
- Obama Took Office: 19.4 Million.
- The Number Of People Unemployed At The End Of Obama’s Fifth Year As
- President: 10.4 Million.
- The Number Of People Working Part-Time That Would Like To Work Full-Time: 7.8 Million.
- The Number Of People That Have Entered Poverty Since 2008: 6.7 Million.
- The Number Of Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Of 27 Weeks Or Over: 3.9 Million.
- The Increase In Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Since Obama Became President: 1.2 Million.
- Construction Jobs (aka “Shovel-Ready Jobs”) Lost Since Obama Took Office: 721,000.
- Manufacturing Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office: 528,000.
- The Number Of People That Left The Labor Force In December: 347,000.
- Increase In Family Health Care Premiums Under Obama, Despite His Claim
- That ObamaCare Would Reduce Premiums During His 2010 State Of The Union
- Address (Subsidies Being Irrelevant): $3,671.
- The Last Time The Labor Force Participation Rate Was At Its Current level: 1978.
- Increase In The Average Price Per Gallon Of Gas Since Obama Took Office: 79%.
- The Percent Of Unemployed That Are 18-34 Year Olds: 46%.
- Average Number Of Weeks Someone Will Be Unemployed: 37.
- Poverty Rate In 2012 – An Increase From 13.2 Percent The Year Before Obama Became President to 15% today.
- The Number Of Times Obama Has Pivoted To The Economy: 14.
Mr. President you are a failure.