Here at Curmudgeon Central we’re not paying much attention to Hillary. We’re old enough to remember two events very clearly, the most recent was in 2006 & 2007 when she was the default candidate for the Democratic Party for 2008. How’d that work out?
The second was when Teddy Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter in the Democratic Primary in 1980. He was the going away favorite to beat the tar out of Carter. We recall a commentator – can’t remember who – who said, in the run-up to Kennedy’s announcement, that Kennedy’s popularity would peak with his announcement. That’s what happened.
We expect the same thing to happen to Hillary.
We’ll have had an empty suit in the White House for eight years by 2016 and as you’ll see below, Hillary Clinton is an empty pant suit.
MRC TV interviewed members of the Democratic National Committee at their winter meeting to ask their views of Hillary Clinton’s achievements. Apparently, none of those interviewed could come up with even a single accomplishment attributed to the former Secretary of State.
Among some of the responses to the question about Hillary’s achievements were:
- “I like her abortion standpoint, but, in particular, I honestly don’t know.”
- “She’s spent eight years in the White House.”
- “Being next to the president for eight years.”
- “She didn’t create a problem.”
- “We are a little bit more at ease with our folks in the Middle East.”
- “She is one of the most well-traveled secretaries of state.”
- “She can answer that much better than I.”
- “We’ve tightened up our relationship with Mexico.”
- “To be honest, she’s not going to be remembered for a whole lot of major things, just because I don’t think we were doing a whole lot on the foreign policy front. Foreign policy hasn’t been a really big issue under President Obama.”
Remember, these are her diehard supporters.