This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ was a reminder to us that there are at least six more weeks of Global Warming left. We had over 200 entries so we have two winners per place. The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (guido81_MA) – “Right behind the cameraman, 4 naked PETA people protesting Phil’s oppression were found frozen to death still clutching their ‘Stop Global Warming’ signs.”
(Stephen_Macklin) – “President Trump has seen his shadow. There will be six more week of outrage.”
2) (EricSteel) – “97% of groundhogs agree. That makes the science settled!”
(yetanotherjohn) – “#NOTMYGROUNDHOG”
3) (cathymv) – “Phil woke up this morning, saw his shadow and once again, HIllary Clinton still isn’t the President of the United States!!”
(Rock ThisTown) – “Black Shadows Matter.”
4) (914) – “Great news Pux! No more weeks of Obama!!”
(RestlessLegs) – “We this day do hereby decree, in recognition of his unscientific forecasts, that he henceforth shall be known as Punxsutawney Algore.”
5) (Joe_Miller) – “Men who paid their cousins to be their dates at prom get to play dress-up once a year on Groundhog Day.”
(fustian24) – “If a climatologist sees its shadow, it means another prediction of the warmest year on record.
Same as if it DOESN’T see its shadow.”
6) (jim_m) – “It’s just like the movie. The left just keeps doing more and more dumb shit and they never figure it out.”
(Mary Gehman) – “Climate change is finally debunked.”
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to:
(sarahconnor2) – “Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin bring out Ruth Bader Ginsburg to reassure the base that she is still alive and well.”
(Rick Adams) – “I’m not quite sure what’s going on in this photo, but I assure you, those of us who live in Minnesota are rolling our eyes.”
(Paul Hooson) – “GQ circa 1907…”
Most Inappropriate But Funny:
(rodney dill) – “What’s the difference between Lena Dunham’s beaver and a woodchuck?
If you absolutely had to you could eat the woodchuck.”
(Retired military) – “With 6 more weeks of winter predicted Hillary wants to heat things up.”
That’s all for this weekend. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.