The Bonfire of the Vanities
dishonors the worst of the web. This week the is a special Recall Election edition of the Bonfire. In addition to providing the morbidly curious posts for you to slow down and gawk over, this week we will be picking the one post that stands as a testament to the banal and vote for it's recall. The author of said post must should do the honorable thing and permanently delete the post. Voting will commence in the comments and continue through Wednesday when a winner will be announced.
The motto this week is "Recall This!." This weeks entries prove that some posts should be voted out of office. Gray Davis and all of this weeks entries have been gladdy offered up to the raging inferno that is the Bonfire...
If you want to be reminded to enter the Bonfire each week via e-mail, subscribe to the Bonfire mailing list.
On with the Recall Election...
- Heather thinks it's stupid that the press is warning Europeans that if you flush your Nemo, it won't be freed. Well of course not, Nemo has already been found.
- Harvey is famous! Since the gods of the Bonfire always love screwing with Google - go see why he's famous. Harvey was also wise enough to collect all his wretched Bonfire entires in one place. Or maybe those are the good entries, who can tell...
- Does anyone want to tell McGehee who's in the baseball playoffs this year? No need to hurry, he probably won't be curious about it until Thanksgiving.
- Susie blogs the day of the week. What ever did we do before blogs brought us this kind of insight into the lives of their authors.
- Sean shameslessly plugs his first play "Packer Fans From Outer Space." That must have impressed them at
- Jen and Frank; sitting in a tree; k-i-s-s-i-n-g. At least that's my guess.
- Pete has more on peeing, more than any human should have to consider.
- Patrick wants to know who's is behind the bimbo erruption at the LA Times. Maybe it's Hillary's revenge?
- Michael has what is allegedly humor regarding Evil Glenn. Maybe it's funny when you're totally shit faced... And the punch line is supposed to be, "do you want to go camping?"
- Jim goes for the observational witty approach, by noting an oddity of the English language. Too bad the commenter's noted some oddities in his thoroughness.
- Blackfive ends up getting a $100 back in change accidentally at Starbucks. It's a good news, bad news case... Giving the $100 back and getting rewarded with a $20 gift card is the good news. The bad news is that a $20 gift card buys about 50 cents worth of coffee at grocery store prices.
- Margi outs herself as a tech geek. She has a crush on software and sings songs to it...
- Owen is on a roll... With material like this a writing job at Saturday Night Live is sure to be right around the corner. If that sounds like a compliment you obviously haven't been watching SNL lately.
- King of Fools is moving off of BlogSpot. There was great rejoicing in the comments, all "0" of them.
- Brian blogs about penis size, his mom, and computer monitors. Paging Sigmund Frued...
- Jay gets drunk and watches the Talk Sex With Sue show... Hilarity ensues...
- I offer up this post where I wish death upon David Blaine. I'm not embarrassed to have hoped for his early demise, just that I wasted the time and energy to find the article in the Mirror UK and post it.
Your input is needed. The winner will be announced tomorrow night, so don't delay. Which author's post deserves to be recalled? Leave you answer in the comment section.
Want To Be Featured In The Next Bonfire?
E-mail me a link to your worst post of the week and include any extenuating circumstance, humorous commentary, or self serving excuse for your pathetic post. Get your entries for next week's edition to me via e-mail by midnight EST Monday October 13th. Please use BOTV 15 Entry in the subject line. Need a reminder? Subscribe to the mailing list.