It was only fitting that the picture for this weeks Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ was an April Fools picture. The variety of caption themes exceed my expectations, with several evoking Far Side-ish qualities. Here are the winning entries for this picture:
1) (Dave M) - "Al Gore explaining how he invented Linux."
2) (FreakyBoy) - "With sadness, Herman reports back the iceberg elders that it appears no amount of steroids will help penguins fly."
3) (SCSIwuzzy) - "His traffic falling, O-Dub searches for a new group that will conform to his worldview... Pros: Free fish Cons: That niggling feeling, that somehow, this is racist. Still, better than the Kool-Aid costume...."
4) (Faith+1) - "As the news of the missing fish stash spread all heads turned to Phil..."
5) (Governor Breck) - "I'm John Kerry and I'm reporting for duty!"
6) (MichaelW) - "Fear and Loathing in Antarctica -- Penguin Books Edition"
Dishonorable Mention - For ground well tread this weekend...
(Tom Blogical) - "Paul, preparing for April Fools Day 2006, posts yet again with this picture and the following line: "The zoologist in the penguin suit is an oozer."
Until next Friday...