This weeks Weekend Caption Contest™ tackles the NHL's disastrous lockout/strike with the appropriate level of reverence for the sport - none. There were many fine entries, and many variations on the winning theme. Here are the winning entries for this picture:
1) (yetanotherjohn) - "Nobody cares about hockey. I'm your mother and I don't care. So sign the contract, move out of the house and get a girlfriend who does laundry because this shirt is filthy and I'm not washing it."
2) (Tam) - "The owners knew they were going to get a good contract when they saw the quality of hooker that the players were reduced to soliciting."
3) (sentinel) - Mom - "Whenna you gonna bringa dat nice girl Anna Kornholia...Korinkola...Korkovar...over to da house. She sucha nice girl."
Brendan - "Mom, that was Sergei Federov."
Mom - "Oh, ok, I make a you dat for dinner OK?"
4) (Aaron's cc:) - "Random bag check me??? Random bag check me??? Random bag check YOU!!!"
5) (taz) - "See this shirt....the owners are going to take it also!"
6) (Sue Dohnim) - "A contestant gets advice from Dr. Ruth in this tense scene from the new reality show Love in an Elevator."
The rarely awarded Gratuitous Mention Award goes to:
(heymike) - "Listen Aylward..How come I never win the caption contest..HUH?"
Until next Friday...