« Tara Reid, Ambassador To The World. | Main | The Stupidest Column You Will Ever Read »

UN Paying For Palestinian Propaganda

Good grief.

The United Nations bankrolled the production of thousands of banners, bumper stickers, mugs, and T-shirts bearing the slogan "Today Gaza and Tomorrow the West Bank and Jerusalem," which have been widely distributed to Palestinian Arabs in the Gaza Strip, according to a U.N. official.

The U.N. support of the Palestinian Authority's propaganda operation in the midst of the Israeli evacuation of Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip has provoked outrage from Israeli and Jewish leaders, who are blaming Turtle Bay for propagating an inflammatory message that they say encourages Palestinian Arab violence.

"The intifada worked. That's contextually what this message is saying," the director of U.N. affairs for the Washington-based Jewish organization B'nai Brith, Amy Goldstein, said.

The Arabic slogan, which refers to disputed territories of the West Bank and East Jerusalem, has become ubiquitous in Gaza, where Israeli soldiers this week are evacuating 21 settlements. It's served as the central message of a Palestinian Arab effort to spin the withdrawal as a victory.

A special representative of the United Nations Development Program in the Gaza Strip, Timothy Rothermel, told Fox News that his office provided financial support for the production of materials that make up the Palestinian Authority's propaganda campaign, timed to coincide with the Gaza pullout. The Palestinian Authority's withdrawal committee developed and produced the posters and other items using U.N. money, Mr. Rothermel said.

In addition to the slogan "Today Gaza and Tomorrow the West Bank and Jerusalem," many of the materials displayed the logo of the United Nations Development Program, which operates in 166 countries and spends about half a billion dollars a year.

This message is saying, "Hey Hamas, good work. You sure blew the crap out those Jews with all those suicide bombers. Keep it up and you'll drive those Jews right into the ocean."

Which is despicable coming from what is supposed to be the world's foremost organization for peace.

What's even worse is the fact that some of the money spent for this crap more than likely came out of the pockets of U.S. taxpayers, given America's status as the largest source of funds for the UN.

By Rob Port of Say Anything.


TrackBack

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference UN Paying For Palestinian Propaganda:

» AlphaPatriot linked with Israeli Pride; Israeli Angst

Comments (5)

European supporters of the ... (Below threshold)
joe:

European supporters of the UN, and their lefty American sympathizers, are cool with spending like that.

That is just unreal. Our Pr... (Below threshold)

That is just unreal. Our President and congressmen should begin issuing statements of condemnation immediately. This whole episode is unbelievably surreal.

I coined a slogan for Ariel Sharon on my blog - "Make my people go." ;)

Actually the United Sates p... (Below threshold)

Actually the United Sates paid for 22% of that, spreading the other 78% out among the other 190 member nations. Your tax dollars hard at work for you!

Given the regular Left comm... (Below threshold)
Lurking Observer:

Given the regular Left commentary that, since the US helped administer Oil-for-Food, any corruption is the fault of the US, I fully expect to hear bullwinkle's comment regurgitated by Lefty commentators, except as genuine argument, rather than sarcasm.

-sigh- People should have s... (Below threshold)

-sigh- People should have seen this coming.

You give people an inch and they want a mile.




Advertisements









rightads.gif

beltwaybloggers.gif

insiderslogo.jpg

mba_blue.gif

Follow Wizbang

Follow Wizbang on FacebookFollow Wizbang on TwitterSubscribe to Wizbang feedWizbang Mobile

Contact

Send e-mail tips to us:

tips@wizbangblog.com

Fresh Links

Credits

Section Editor: Maggie Whitton

Editors: Jay Tea, Lorie Byrd, Kim Priestap, DJ Drummond, Michael Laprarie, Baron Von Ottomatic, Shawn Mallow, Rick, Dan Karipides, Michael Avitablile, Charlie Quidnunc, Steve Schippert

Emeritus: Paul, Mary Katherine Ham, Jim Addison, Alexander K. McClure, Cassy Fiano, Bill Jempty, John Stansbury, Rob Port

In Memorium: HughS

All original content copyright © 2003-2010 by Wizbang®, LLC. All rights reserved. Wizbang® is a registered service mark.

Powered by Movable Type Pro 4.361

Hosting by ServInt

Ratings on this site are powered by the Ajax Ratings Pro plugin for Movable Type.

Search on this site is powered by the FastSearch plugin for Movable Type.

Blogrolls on this site are powered by the MT-Blogroll.

Temporary site design is based on Cutline and Cutline for MT. Graphics by Apothegm Designs.

Author Login



Terms Of Service

DCMA Compliance Notice

Privacy Policy