« "Pants-on-fire moment" | Main | "Obama marinates in the foul identity politics that are the bread and butter of modern progressives" »

"It's not his race. It's that he's awful"

Tony Katz takes on MSNBC's Contessa Brewer with stone cold truth and coins a term I suspect will be used often to describe the vast majority of those who see criticism of Obama as something steeped in racism:

H/T to The Tatler at PJM.


TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/41503.

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference "It's not his race. It's that he's awful":

» Brutally Honest linked with "It's not his race. It's that he's awful"

Comments (36)

Its about calling a spade a... (Below threshold)
Sep14:

Its about calling a spade a spade.

Good job Tony.

I thought the 'birth certif... (Below threshold)
GarandFan:

I thought the 'birth certificate' issue had been resolved.

And so it's still all about 'race'.

Rather early to play that card, isn't it? I thought that would be reserved until the very last. Sort of like calling someone a Nazi when all else fails.

Hey Contessa! Why not just tout all of your Obamassiah's "accomplishments"? Oh...wait. Never mind.

Go Speed Racer! ... (Below threshold)
Ron:

Go Speed Racer!
   Go Speed Racer!
     Go Speed Racer Go-oooo!

That is going to go through my mind every time the card is played from now on.

"Shut Up!" they explained..... (Below threshold)
Rodney Graves:

"Shut Up!" they explained...

And what better way to get someone to shut up than to refer to them as a racist, or a fascist, or a sexist, or a misogynist...

Was there a question about ... (Below threshold)
hcddbz:

Was there a question about Bush's being both US Citizens or the location of his birth?

This is comparing Apples to Elephants.

And that is why the (P)resi... (Below threshold)
Gmac:

And that is why the (P)resident will NOT have a primary challenger no matter how badly he polls.

It's the mentality that because he's black that no white Democrat can run against him, Hillery included. The black demographic would desert them completely and that alone would defeat who ever had defeated him.

The race card! When in doub... (Below threshold)
Sep14:

The race card! When in doubt? Whip it out!


The liberals never leave home without it..

hcddbz, of course there wer... (Below threshold)

hcddbz, of course there were no questions about Bush's birth certificate.

But there were legions of kooks who argued throughout his two terms that he "stole" the 2000 election. And the TANG-AWOL conspiracy true believers were so crazed that they had to create their own forged documents in order to keep perpetuating their fantasy.

Of course the MSM doesn't want to talk about those inconvenient truths, because it would put the 'birthers' in the same category as the psychotic Bush haters of the last 10 years. Apparently they don't want any of us to remember that those nuts ever existed.

By the way, I think that 'racers' is brilliant, and I hope to see that term used frequently by conservatives during the next two years. Now, if we only had an off-color sexual slur to go with it ...

Kurtz ends by saying that w... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

Kurtz ends by saying that we should stick to the issues, which is always good advice. And, considering the fact that many in the GOP finds Obama's policies "awful," it seems to me that there is plenty of fodder for discussing "the issues."

I look forward to more in-depth discussions and debates about these important issues here on Wizbang.

Mr Graves wrote:"A... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

Mr Graves wrote:

"And what better way to get someone to shut up than to refer to them as a racist, or a fascist, or a sexist, or a misogynist..."

...or a liberal

...or a conservative

...or an illegal immigrant

...or a warmonger

...or a terrorist

...or a nationalist

...or a socialist

...or a capitalist

...or a marxist

...or a Nazi

Ya, people on all sides resort to this crap all the time. But they usually only call out the "other" side for using the same tactics.

Irony pervades our political lives.

#9There is no deba... (Below threshold)
Sep14:

#9

There is no debate. Barry and his policies are a failure. There is not one scintilla of good news from this administration accept that it is one day closer to ending.


Repeatedly claiming you are... (Below threshold)
Bill edwards:

Repeatedly claiming you aren't racist is as good as admitting you are. Otherwise, why would you care?

I suggest we stop answering this way altogether. Just ignore them when they call us racist. Enganging in the argument only furthers it.

Of course it's all about ra... (Below threshold)
Jim Addison:

Of course it's all about race.

Obama's race is his ONLY qualification for office, PERIOD. He has no accomplishments or experience which would qualify him.

He has had no other qualification for previous offices, either. In the Illinois State Senate, he voted "present" 130 times, and his name was added to bills he never worked on by the Senate President, Emil Jones, for the expressed purpose of giving him a resume to run for US Senate. Now, all the records of his time in the Illinois legislature are "unavailable."

In the US Senate his first two years, he had the worst attendance of any Senator. His second two years, spent mainly running for President, were even worse, giving him the worst attendance record for four years of any Senator in the history. Even the dying Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd managed to show up for more work their last four years in office than did Obama in his.

If Obama were not black, he wouldn't even have gotten into Columbia, much less Harvard Law, much less a lecturing position at the U of Chicago, much less the Illinois State Senate, much less the US Senate, and a white candidate for President with his resume would be laughed off the stage.

Race is ALL he has. Of course he will use it.

Sep14,"There is no... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

Sep14,

"There is no debate."

So, you're telling me that there are NO ISSUES that need to be discussed?

No international political issues?

No energy policy issues?

No foreign policy issues?

No economic issues?

No domestic issues?

Really?

1) There were Democrats wil... (Below threshold)
Eric:

1) There were Democrats willing to question whether McCain was eligible to be President because he was born at a Naval base in Panama. If McCain had won, today it would be the Democrats who would be the Birthers.

2) There is still a group that question who is Trig Palin's mother. Again, if McCain had won, that movement would be all over the place.

3) Remember "Selected not Elected", Diebold, Ohio, Florida, etc. There were plenty of conspiracy theories about Bush stealing the election.

4) Remember Rathergate? Remember Operation Fortunate Son? The DNC started an entire operation questioning Bush's National Guard Service the SAME DAY that CBS did the infamous Rathergate story. Amazing coincidence. What did the Democrats ask for during that operation? For Bush to release all of his National Guard file.

5) Of course, let's not forget about the 9/11 Truthers. How many movies, books, websites, etc. came out with the purpose of connecting Bush to 9/11.

So Contessa and all of you Democrats. Get off your high horse. You're side has plenty of nut jobs who peddle in crazy conspiracy theories that make the Birthers look tame in comparison.

Of course, plenty of Republicans lost their minds during the Clinton years. So maybe its not about Obama's race after all. Except in the minds of the ever projecting Racers.

Eric,I think you h... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

Eric,

I think you have identified a pattern. One side wins the presidency, and the other side spends 4-8 years collectively losing their minds over a series of embarrassing conspiracy theories, etc. The pattern holds with Clinton, GW Bush, and now Obama.

Ryan A, exactly my point. ... (Below threshold)
Eric:

Ryan A, exactly my point. So it is about Obama's race. It's because there are people in the party out power that collectively lose their minds, who benefits by giving them a platform to stand on? The media.

#14Not with... (Below threshold)
Sep14:

#14


Not with this clown there isn't. Its clear what has to be done. Open up the spigots and drill baby, drill baby drill. Gas prices drop, food prices drop, all prices drop, economy booms, employment booms, America grows and Hussein gets re-elected.

To hell with the Racer drones! America first!

Now I'm off to work so I can fill My tank up. Have a nice day!


"There is no debate."... (Below threshold)
GarandFan:

"There is no debate."
So, you're telling me that there are NO ISSUES that need to be discussed?

Not saying there are no issues to be discussed. You just won't be discussing them with the Obamabots. Any criticism of Barry's policies automatically classifies you as RACIST!

And remember, Barry is "bi-partisan". You vote his way, period. After all, "I won".

Katz. Another fat-ass grif... (Below threshold)
Chico:

Katz. Another fat-ass grifter heard from. What are his specific proposals for cutting the budget?

Correction: "So it is about... (Below threshold)
Eric:

Correction: "So it is about Obama's race"

Should be
"So it is NOT about Obama's race"

GarandFan,"Not say... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

GarandFan,

"Not saying there are no issues to be discussed."

Well, I agree with you there. There is definitely plenty to talk about.

"You just won't be discussing them with the Obamabots. Any criticism of Barry's policies automatically classifies you as RACIST!"

Now, here you are overstating your point. Do some people pull the race card at the drop of a hat? Yep. Do ALL people who voted for Obama do this? No, they don't. So it's best to avoid exaggerations of the situation in order to move past the circus.

I agree with you that some Obama followers are incredibly partisan and unwilling to listen to ANY criticism whatsoever. Absolutely. But then, the same can be said for plenty of people on the right. But definitely not all people on the right, by any means. In effect, the extreme folks on each end of the spectrum pretty much make discussion and debate near impossible.

Chico wrote:"What ... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

Chico wrote:

"What are his specific proposals for cutting the budget?"

Exactly. Katz's argument should transition directly to discussions about economic policy, foreign policy, etc.

Curiously, that isn't happening. Hmmm.

I would not use the word aw... (Below threshold)
dunce:

I would not use the word awful to describe obama because it might be understood as filling people with awe because he is great. The dictionary is full of pejoratives and he has earned most of them.

Chico wrote:"What ... (Below threshold)
DaveD:

Chico wrote:

"What are his specific proposals for cutting the budget?"

ryan a responded:

"Exactly. Katz's argument should transition directly to discussions about economic policy, foreign policy, etc."

It was a short clip and I guess discussing other issues would have been nice. I don't think the moderator was going to go there as Mr Katz's last words were about focusing on issues. Mr Katz is not at fault for not discussing specific issues.

DaveD,"Mr Katz is ... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

DaveD,

"Mr Katz is not at fault for not discussing specific issues."

My comment wasn't about Katz per se, but about the general pattern of political discourse. All of us are at fault for not moving past the nonsense and finding ways to actually discuss the issues, Dave. THAT was my point.

All too often, both sides end up getting wrapped up in arguing about [insert superficial non-issue of the day] rather than actually finding ways to discuss the bigger issues we face.

Garand fan"Hey Conte... (Below threshold)
retired military:

Garand fan
"Hey Contessa! Why not just tout all of your Obamassiah's "accomplishments"?"

She listed them. When there isnt anything to list is goes by so quick.

------------

Ryan A.

Agreed but with some clarification.

When the Obama Loonys also happen to have titles like "news anchors of ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN" and "Chief editor, NY TIMES, TIme magazine, LA TIMES, SF Herald, " etc then it tends to get a bit one sided .

She's as dumb as a rock, bu... (Below threshold)
Tsar Nicholas II:

She's as dumb as a rock, but man that Contessa Brewer is one hot tamale.

first ryan a<blockqu... (Below threshold)
SCSIwuzzy:

first ryan a

Exactly. Katz's argument should transition directly to discussions about economic policy, foreign policy, etc

second ryan a

My comment wasn't about Katz per se

My latin is around 20 years out of practice, but I think you're just a little off the mark there...

For the record, chico doesn... (Below threshold)
Sep14:

For the record, chico doesn't write. He slobbers..

SCSIwuzzy,<blockquote... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

SCSIwuzzy,

My latin is around 20 years out of practice, but I think you're just a little off the mark there

Let me clear things up for you. My comment was not about Katz per se (intrinsically), but about Katz's argument at the end of the clip, and where that argument should lead us.

Get it?

I think what ryan a is tryi... (Below threshold)
DaveD:

I think what ryan a is trying to say is that he agrees with Mr Katz.

It's the mentality that ... (Below threshold)
TexBob:

It's the mentality that because he's black that no white Democrat can run against him, Hillery included. The black demographic would desert them completely and that alone would defeat who ever had defeated him.

Yep, and if he was white, with the same empty resume and lack of achievements, he would never have been a senator, let alone President.

Geraldine Ferraro was right, but the truth hurts.

"I think what ryan a is try... (Below threshold)
ryan a:

"I think what ryan a is trying to say is that he agrees with Mr Katz."

I agree with Katz's argument that we should actually start debating the issues themselves, yes.

Excuse me while I whip this... (Below threshold)
G.:

Excuse me while I whip this out...

Me thinks contessa brewer's... (Below threshold)
moseby:

Me thinks contessa brewer's journalism degree was printed on the side of a gumball...




Advertisements









rightads.gif

beltwaybloggers.gif

insiderslogo.jpg

mba_blue.gif

Follow Wizbang

Follow Wizbang on FacebookFollow Wizbang on TwitterSubscribe to Wizbang feedWizbang Mobile

Contact

Send e-mail tips to us:

[email protected]

Fresh Links

Credits

Section Editor: Maggie Whitton

Editors: Jay Tea, Lorie Byrd, Kim Priestap, DJ Drummond, Michael Laprarie, Baron Von Ottomatic, Shawn Mallow, Rick, Dan Karipides, Michael Avitablile, Charlie Quidnunc, Steve Schippert

Emeritus: Paul, Mary Katherine Ham, Jim Addison, Alexander K. McClure, Cassy Fiano, Bill Jempty, John Stansbury, Rob Port

In Memorium: HughS

All original content copyright © 2003-2010 by Wizbang®, LLC. All rights reserved. Wizbang® is a registered service mark.

Powered by Movable Type Pro 4.361

Hosting by ServInt

Ratings on this site are powered by the Ajax Ratings Pro plugin for Movable Type.

Search on this site is powered by the FastSearch plugin for Movable Type.

Blogrolls on this site are powered by the MT-Blogroll.

Temporary site design is based on Cutline and Cutline for MT. Graphics by Apothegm Designs.

Author Login



Terms Of Service

DCMA Compliance Notice

Privacy Policy