1) Daily Kos was losing to Instapundit in the Weblog Awards.
2) Kos’ readers were furious at this.
3) They immediately came up with a way to “rig” the numbers with the intention of winning.
A parallel springs to mind.
1) Daily Kos is perennially behind Instapundit in links in the Truth Laid Bear’s Ecosystem Rankings based on linkage.
2) Kos’ readers are furious about this.
The cynic in me wonders just how well Kos’ numbers that show he has roughly twice the daily visitors, but only around 60% of the daily links, as Instapundit would stand up to serious scrutiny — the kind I am woefully inadequate to perform.
And I wonder just which numbers Kos’ ad revenues are based upon…
But I’m just talking out of my butt here.