Michael Moore Sued Over Fahrenheit 9/11 Footage

Via the NY Post.

A double-amputee Iraq-war vet is suing Michael Moore for $85 million, claiming the portly peacenik recycled an old interview and used it out of context to make him appear anti-war in “Fahrenheit 9/11.”

Sgt. Peter Damon, 33, who strongly supports America’s invasion of Iraq, said he never agreed to be in the 2004 movie, which trashes President Bush.

In the 2003 interview, which he did at Walter Reed Army Hospital for NBC News, he discussed only a new painkiller the military was using on wounded vets.

“They took the clip because it was a gut-wrenching scene,” Damon said yesterday. “They sandwiched it in. [Moore] was using me as ammunition.”

Damon seems to “voice complaint about the war effort” in the movie, according to the lawsuit.

But what the father of two from Middleborough, Mass., was really talking about was the “excruciating” pain he felt after he lost his arms when a Black Hawk helicopter exploded in front of him.

Lawyer Dennis Lynch said he took the case last year and they held off filing the lawsuit in a bid to settle the matter.
“We attempted to resolve the situation amicably with Mr. Moore [for a year] but he refused,” he said.

Damon is asking for up to $75 million because of “loss of reputation, emotional distress, embarrassment, and personal humiliation.”

Bryan at Hot Air has more.

...just don't question their support for our troops
Moronic convergence

7 Comments

  1. Peter F. May 31, 2006
  2. moseby May 31, 2006
  3. McGehee May 31, 2006
  4. coulterisahottie May 31, 2006
  5. Scrapiron May 31, 2006
  6. virgo May 31, 2006
  7. Hesiod June 1, 2006