1) A gay man who expresses concern and interest in the welfare of children cannot be trusted to hold a position of authority over minors, such as a congressman.
2) A gay man who expresses concern and interest in the welfare of children can be trusted to other positions of authority, such as a scout master, a teacher, a doctor, a nurse, a coach, or a member of the clergy. The should also be allowed to adopt children.
3) There is no difference between e-mail and instant messaging.
4) Congressmen should be subjected to a higher level of scrutiny before the investigators run afoul of the law than suspected terrorists.
5) A congressman who resigns in disgrace and withdraws from the re-election race the instant a scandal becomes public should be kept on the ballot anyway, even if another candidate legally takes his place in the election. In fact, the voters cannot even be told that a vote for the disgraced former condidate will be counted towards that successor.
Have I missed anything?