And now… more dithering

CNN reports:

No decision has been made on whether to change the current plan to hold the September 11 terrorist attack trial in a civilian court in lower Manhattan, White House officials said Sunday.

Last week, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other politicians expressed concern over the costs and disruption of holding the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four accomplices at a New York City courthouse.

David Axelrod, the senior adviser to President Obama, and White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Sunday that Obama believes the trial should take place in a criminal court instead of before a military commission, as permitted for some terrorism suspects.

However, Axelrod and Gibbs acknowledged that Obama and the Justice Department were considering moving the trial from New York City.

“We’ve made no decisions on that yet,” Axelrod said on the NBC program “Meet the Press.” Gibbs, speaking on CNN’s “State of the Union,” also said the location of the trial was under discussion, but he expressed certainty that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the September 11, 2001, attacks, “is going to meet justice and he’s going to meet his maker.”

No prejudicial statements there that would be problematic in a civil court.

The answer to this Obama made dilemma is simple… take the terrorist back to Gitmo, try him in a military court, find him guilty, shoot him, done.

Any questions?

Crossposted(*).

He did not do it again
Spending freeze melts