This a day or two old, but it’s no less pathetic.
Barack Obama’s “Organizing For America” website has launched a new campaign to help his followers counter the success of Conservative talk radio.
Seems they don’t particularly like the fact that people actually listen and pay attention to what they hear on these programs, especially when it has to do with the issue of health care reform.
Clicking on the link provides Comrade John Q. Liberal with helpful hints as how to respond to the host when discussing health care.
Here is just a taste of what is on the site:
- CALLING TIPS
- Be polite, respectful, and clear. Remember, you represent Organizing for America.
- How radio stations will connect you will depend on the show. Some radio shows may connect you right away, but most will take your name and basic info and put you on hold. You may or may not be able to hear the broadcast on the show while you’re waiting. You may hear the radio host say something like, “Hello, we have your name on the line with us.”
- Some hosts may challenge your views. Stay calm and firm. Sharing a personal story about how health reform affects you and your family is a great way to show the importance and urgency of health reform.
- If you can’t get through, don’t worry! If the show you call is busy or not accepting calls at the moment you call in, simply click “Give me another show” to find another.
- These points are only to provide extra information and suggestions. Your personal story will make the most compelling message.
- For most Americans, their health care plan covers too little and costs too much. Far too many people delay or even skip the care they need because they simply can’t afford it.
- The plan the President laid out includes the largest health care tax cut for middle class families in history and makes coverage more affordable for tens of millions of families and small business owners and expands coverage to over 31 million Americans who are currently uninsured.
- This plan will give millions of Americans new choices in health insurance by making coverage more affordable, ending the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, putting power in the hands of consumers instead of insurance companies and providing one of the largest tax cuts in history while also reducing our national deficit.
- Reform couldn’t be more urgent – just this month consumers in California were told their premiums could go up as much as 39 percent.
- Too many in Washington are now saying that we should delay or give up on reform entirely, but Americans understand the stakes for our economy and our lives, and we want action.
Note the “Your personal story will make the most compelling message.”
You know, like the one during the Health Care Summit, where Representative Louise Slaughter told the story about one woman who had this harrowing, heart-tugging story: “Her sister died. This poor woman had no dentures. She wore her dead sister’s teeth.“
Now, this entire exercise is a complete act of desperation on the part of what is supposed to be a continuation of Obama’s media-savvy campaign. And, “let me be clear,” this is still a campaign to them.
They may, in fact, get some of these brain-washed nerds to actually attempt this stunt. What they don’t realize, since none have ever bothered to actually listen to these shows, is that the likes of Rush, Hannity, Beck, and Levin relish these types of callers. It’s like leading sheep to the slaughter house, with no disrespect to sheep.
These are professional talk radio hosts. They have attained positions of success in their industry because they are adept at analyzing issues, conveying them in an informed, insightful way that is amenable to others, while thinking quickly on their feet.
And the brain trust behind “OFA” thinks coaching some faceless oafs to walk into an intellectual buzz-saw will produce results favorable to their cause?
Perhaps this is their way of instituting the “Fairness Doctrine.”
NOBODY wants to hear what they have to say.
Proof? Air America.
More proof? MSNBC.
For corn’s sake, Nancy Grace from Headline News beat Keith Olbermann’s “Countdown” in the ratings for January. (I know. Keith who?)
The only possible explanation that Obama and his PR gurus could have for doing this is they are hoping that when one of these drones gets through, they will elicit from the host some sort of unflattering sound bite for them to disseminate to their buddies in the leftist blogosphere.
Which is pretty silly, considering they already do this by taking statements out of context and putting them forward as some off-the-wall proof that the host is just a big meanie.
Even The Daily Kos and The Huffington Post haven’t touched this one.